Hello all,

I've just installed Debian (woody?) and all is well except the following.
Having installed and configured X, the mouse is behaving rather strangely.
It works fine for around ten seconds or so and then just stops dead for
another ten seconds or so, sometimes jumping to the bottom left corner of
the screen. Then, after much mouse moving, it springs back to life and works
fine again. This goes on ad infinitum.

After looking on the 'net for a possible solution I found only to
suggestions. 1) there's an IRQ confict and 2) my mouse is dirty! I checked
/proc/interrupts and all seems well and my mouse works fine under Windows,
ruling out the other possibility. Any help with this would be greatly
appreciated, it's driving me bonkers!

Incidentally it's a PS/2 Intellimouse and I'm using the ImPS/2 driver, the
only one that seemed to work at all.

Thanks in advance,

James

The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that
is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete from your system.