hello,
I have a problem with the kernel 2.4.17:
My machine: HDD1 in hda
            HDD2 in hdb

The machine boots with lilo on hda.
I boot with a disket 1.44 Mb for hdb.

After the compile, my machine booted correctly with the
kernel 2.4.17 on the disket 1.44 Mb, but I forgot to
include a module in the kernel and I recompiled the
kernel 2.4.17 and now when I boot the machine with the
boot disket I get :

NET4:unix domain socket 1.0/SMP for LINUX NET4.0.
request_module[ide-disk]:Rot fs not mounted
hdb:driver not present
VFS:Cannot open root device "343" or 03:43
Please apend a correct "root=" boot option
Kernel panic:VFS:Unable to mount root fs on 03:43

Can someone help me to solve this problem, please.
TIA
--
Gerard