Hmm... that wouldn't be on my list of controversial books. How about a better example. If I wanted to read Mein Kampf (sp?) by Adoph Hitler, do you think I could get that at my library? I certainly hope not. Should it be there so that we can make sure the "Upstream" has a right to have his book featured in the library without being censored in anyway?

actually if you looked it is at the public library. speach is speach there is no shades of gray. either its protected or its not. you either censor or not. there is no inbetween.

Author Hitler, Adolf, 1889-1945.
Title Mein Kampf / by Adolf Hitler.
Publisher London : Hurst and Blackett ; Los Angeles : Angriff Press, c1942.
Description 384 p. : port. ; 24 cm.

LOCATION  CALL #  STATUS
  Bear Canyon   92 H638    CHECK SHELF
  River   92 H638    DUE 03-18-02
  Valencia   92 H638    CHECK SHELF
  Woods   92 H638    MISSING
Edition Unexpurgated ed. Two volumes in one.
Notes Translated and annotated by James Murphy.
 Includes index.
Subjects Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiter-Partei.
 Germany -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
Other author Murphy, James Vincent, 1880-1946.
ISBN 0395925037 :
 0395078016 :

--
"Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed."