On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 21:03, timothy bauscher wrote:
> Well, i reinstalled gpm and install imwheel,
> because someone mentioned gpm might require
> imwheel??? My mouse still works, but not the
> wheel.
gpm does NOT require imwheel, but XFree86 might need it.

> A snip of my XF86Config-4 file:
>
> Identifier  "Mouse1"
> Driver      "mouse"
> Option "Protocol"    "PS/2"
> Option "Device"      "/dev/gpmdata"
Some options are missing. Have a second look at the last posts.

I have not managed to get the wheel working on the console (is it
possible at all???), but in X. So the most important settings are in
your XF86Config-4. However, it is a little bit tricky to keep gpm
working then.

Bye, Steffen