On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:04:38AM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Does anyone see problem forwarding [EMAIL PROTECTED] mails
> with "unsubscribe" to be filtered from this list and to be forwarded to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ?  Although it may have little side
> effects, it shall reduce noise significantly.  Should we ask it to
> listmaster?

Apart from the rather absurd case that a valid post is hidden underneath
such a subject, I've got no hard objections. But I think that more or
less defeats the purpose of having seperate adresses for posting and
list management.

> Oh, as for subscription address, maybe we need to tell outlook user how
> to read their mail header.  People forgets where they subscribed from
> and outlook users tend to lack skill to find it or  read web site.

You can't catch every LastNeuronImploded exception. The documentation is
all there, if people don't read it, you can't stuff the printouts down
their throats.

I'm this --> <-- close from suggesting to train the list.debian.org
bayesians to filter OE mail altogether, but spare the flames. That's not
the way to go, if only for the reason that someone might need help
fixing a broken Debian box and the only machine online runs WinME.

I'd say, leave it as it were and deal with the occasional moron as
appropriate.

Cheers,
Nick

--
|                     Never touch a running sysop.                     |