On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 06:41:37PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:

> No, you can't link non-GPL code with GPL code. That counts as a derived

I fact, you can't link non-GPL code with GPL code and distribute it
(*), but nobody will stop you from linking non- with GPL-code on your
own system from private use.

(*) But what about e.g. the non free nvidea drivers?  These do link
with the Linux kernel, and Linus doesn't mind.

Rudy

PS for the orginal poster:  Do you know there are issues with the name
Linux?  Linux is just the kernel.  If you fully support the GNU
project you _could_ name the operating system GNU/Linux, or in your ---
and my --- case Debian GNU/Linux.
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html will give you a better
understanding.
--
Rudy Gevaert                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web page                    http://www.webworm.org