On Sat, 2002-05-04 at 23:01, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

>     Greetings:
>
> I've reached my limit of tolerance with my voodoo3 (agp) card.  I've
> concluded that it is impossible to make this card function well with *this*
> Debian GNU/Linux box.
>
> I'm considering Nvidia as a replacement.

If you go the nvidia way, and run into trouble. a good place to is the
linux-dell-laptop mailing list and their FAQ. I run XFree 4.1 on my
Inspiron 8100. The beast contains an NVidia card. Plenty of people have
been using those cards, and have experience with TV output, Twin View,
etc... You will find plenty of information on the list archives and FAQ.
Some is Inspiron specific, some is not. You may find some info there.

Some links:
http://www.whacked.net/ldl-faq/
etc...