[Please don't send user-specific problems to debian-devel.]

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 11:46, Michael Schwind wrote:
> i have Problems when i want to add a Printer, the command line tool and the
> web
> interface will not work. After pressing the button where you can choose the
> printer,
> the admin.cgi hangs with about 30% CPU-Time and cupsd needs about 60%
> CPU-Time.

Are you doing this from a remote machine?  The default configuration for
CUPS is set to refuse to allow remote access of any kind.  Please read
the System Administrator's Manual to learn how to enable remote access;
it should be accessible by clicking "Help" in the top linkbar on the
CUPS server's start page.

If you aren't using a remote machine, then something is wrong.  I would
suggest, in this case, that you purge and reinstall the cupsys package,
and try from there.