What happened to cron?  None of the cron services are running.  Man cron
says do /etc/init.d/cron start but cron is only found in the following
files. Dpkg says cron isn't installed; I can grab it with apt but 1. why
is it missing 2. if the cron package wasn't installed why do I have cron
directories? 3. if it was removed; can anyone propose a good reason for
purging such a useful package?  thanks, justin

/etc/apache/cron.conf
/etc/cron.d
/etc/cron.d/mrtg
/etc/cron.d/vpopmail-bin
/etc/cron.daily
/etc/cron.daily/apache
/etc/cron.daily/calendar
/etc/cron.daily/find
/etc/cron.daily/man-db
/etc/cron.daily/modutils
/etc/cron.daily/netbase
/etc/cron.daily/sysklogd
/etc/cron.weekly
/etc/cron.weekly/man-db
/etc/cron.weekly/sysklogd
/usr/bin/dh_installcron
/usr/bin/ezmlm-cron
/usr/share/doc/apache/examples/cron.conf
/usr/share/doc/passwd/passwd.expire.cron.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/dh_installcron.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/ezmlm-cron.1.gz