On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 10:54:23AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
| A certain other major distro (which I'll leave unnamed, but it starts
| with an 'R' and rhymes with 'edhat') symlinks /boot/grub/menu.lst to
| /boot/grub/grub.conf. I suppose it makes the file more obvious for
| newbies, but it seems more stupid the longer I look at it.

It does, except that I recently learned on the grub list that the
upstream changed that too.  I think the symlink is left there for us
old hands :-).  (except that old hands use debian and not, uh, what
was that?)

-D

--

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,
that we should be called children of God!