hi ya

booting into raid1 or raid0 for / should be fine...

for scsi disks... you'd need to make sure the kernel
supports your controller... ( use initrd )
        am assuming ( md0 ) /  contains /boot and everything
        needed for single user mode

if it was ide ...
        /dev/md0  == /dev/hda1  /dev/hdd1
        /dev/md1  == /dev/hdc1  /dev/hdb1