Hello,

I just acquired an 8 CD set, Debian Woody (Unoffical) from Edmunds
ENterprises and installed it.  It's working pretty well except that
when I'm in X-windows (any window manager, any term, xterm, gnometerm,
whatever), when I type a tilde (~) or quote (') or double quote(")
I have to type it twice.  Also, the ALT key does not work as a meta
key for emacs.  If I'm just at a console prompt without X, they
work fine.  I'm assuming there's some configuration file used by
Xwindows that has to be adjusted.  Anybody know what it is and how?

Regards,
Carl Weidling