Hello,

I have downloaded and compiled links browser with support for frame
buffer devices. When I tried to run as user, obviously, I got an error
regarding permissions. When I checked /dev/fb0, it had only write
permission for 'others'. Just to check whether thr program would run, I
changed the permissions on /dev/fb0 to o+r. The program now runs. But,
does the changing of the permissions create problems elsewhere
(security, etc)?

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                mas at uomphysics dot net

Humorists always sit at the children's table.
                -- Woody Allen