On Sun, 2002-05-19 at 14:15, Josef Oswald wrote:

> First thanks for responding, now after I run this command I've got
> _lots_ of ximian packages, how do I remove them ( I know that with
> apt-get remove <package>  a single package can be removed....
> But a whole Bunch of them?

I've been running my machine with the gnome2 packages from experimental.
The first couple of times I tried them, they worked poorly (upstream,
I'm sure :). To drop them, I commented out the experimental deb line in
sources.list, started aptitude, ran an update, and found all the
packages listed in 'obsolete or local packages' (or something like
that). Easy to tag them for removal at that point. Try doing that with
the ximian deb line.

--
First Impressions are Bunk.