I got it from a DVD install disc for s390 that I
bought from linux-cd.com, plus whatever the install
process got from the stable archive.  The installation
was done six weeks or so ago.  The disc was burned
around Feb 9, 2003, AFAIK.

Thanks for the url for s390 kernel-images.

Peter
<Snipped>

http://tux.cprm.net/pub/debian/pool/main/k/kernel-image-2.4.19-s390/