On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 20:59, Frank Brodbeck wrote:
> I really do like my PC. And I never hit but sometimes hug her :)
>
> Later on I will go and check my box power supply.

I doubt the power supply is the culprit.  Most machines with one hard
drive and one cdrom should work fine on 250w supply, don't know about
dual processor.  I never buy less than 300w.

I think your best bet is an UPS with built-in power conditioner.  The
cheap ones just monitor the power and revert to battery when line
conditions are not right.

I once had a power problem, called the power co. to tell them the
transformer on the pole had a red light glowing, they told me that meant
the transformer had a problem and they would send someone to look at it.
Two years later I moved and the transformer still had that red light.

For those two years I had two cheap UPS that would beep at the same time
several times a day.  So I say a power conditioner ahead of the UPS or
built-in is the best.