    arthur> I have also installed from cd the Hardening Docs and will
    arthur> begin reading those too.  A couple of the replies
    arthur> mentioned that I could disable services in the inetd.conf
    arthur> file. Below is a copy of mine, how do I know what I need
    arthur> and dont need?

Well, depends on what you plan to do...

I personally don't have anything running except smtp, and even that, I
run from daemon.  But your needs may be different.

Most probably, you don't need the first bunch.

Good Luck.

Marshal