"Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have the following rule on my WAN interface (eth1):
>
>   ipchains -A input -s 63.148.99.0/24   -j DENY -l -i eth1
>
> So why is 63.148.99.229 able to access my Apache server?

Two possibilities come to mind.  First, and most obviously, are you
sure the traffic is coming in on "eth1"?  What if you drop the "-i
eth1" qualifier?

Second, do you have a rule earlier in your "input" chain that would
"ACCEPT" this traffic?  What if you use "-I" instead of "-A" to insert
the rule at the beginning of the chain?

--
Kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>