On Sunday 30 June 2002 16:13, Rohan Deshpande wrote:
> Hey wvl,
>
> I was reading the IPMasq howto, and it says this:
>

> Users should also understand that IP Masquerading will only work with a
> physical interface such as eth0, eth1, etc. MASQing out an aliased
> interface such as "eth0:1, eth1:1, etc" will NOT work.

I'm pretty sure this was possible, and involved setting your NIC in
promiscious mode causing a heavy performance hit.

http://www.pom.gr/ilisepe1/firewall_help.html

The above URL mentions this, however doesn't provide details on how to set it
up.

Anyhow, it's probably not worth it considering an extra NIC only costs you 15
Euro's.

- wvl