belahcene wrote:

Is there possibility to convert the wmv window video format to one which is recognized by a linux reader like xine, totem or evem real player, I couldn't read it on mozilla, there is no plugin for wmv for linux!!

You can watch wmv with Kaffeine if you do this:
Download the codecs pack
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/essential-20050412.tar.bz2
and extract it into /usr/lib/win32 directory

You might have to change some configuration, I'm not sure. If I remember correctly I didn't have to do anything. Sometimes when I want to run a wmv file I just get green picture and sound, or soud disappear. If I restart the player then everthing works.

If it still doesn't work then you might try this http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ntopic45513.html

--
Mitja Podreka
http://mitja.kizej.net