Adam Hardy wrote:

Paul Scott on 14/07/05 09:05, wrote:

It has never broken my box. apt-get (before I learned about apt-listbugs) broke my box once and I upgrade packages almost every day.

apt-get is all I use - there's too much for me to deal with in the GUI programs,

Synaptic is GUI.  aptitude is not.  it uses libncurses.

and combined with a bunch of single-key commands, I find it difficult. I use

apt-get install xxxxx
apt-get remove xxxxx
apt-cache search xxxxx

and that's it. But I am a relative newby at the game.

I'm apt-getting apt-listbugs right now. I'm intrigued. :)

apt-listbugs is the first package I install on any machine.

Paul