Lorenzo Taylor wrote:

# Preparing to replace udev 0.056-3 # (using .../archives/udev_0.062-4_i386.deb) ...
# udev requires a kernel >= 2.6.12, upgrade aborted.

<rant>
This is a classic example of probably the only thing I dislike about Debian.
In such a case, you should use stable distribution. Unstable is not for everyone. It is useless to complain about instability of unstable. Unstable is meant just to be that.

I have seen many people on this list encouraging people to use unstable. This would be an example why people should not advice Debian newbies to use unstable or even testing for that matter.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE