Hi!
Great answer! I will work with this and see if I can get it working.
Regarding the setup, it's not really finished I think. They havent
investigated how and what informations should be stored on the LPAD, I
know for sure that the uid is stored there but other stuff needed for
a working login on linux isnt there, like default shell.
I think that if I can set a default shell on login I guess I could use
LDAP/kerberos + automount and get the same result that I currently get
with NIS/Kerberos. All the users are on the same nfs export I think,
so it wont require that much automount magic. And I just checked on
the LDAP, there is a unused field called NFS home, so if I fill in the
correct parameter like filerserver.ltu.se:/home/nisse in that I could
automount that.
Do you think thats a workable alternative?
The problem is that there is no shell information and I not 100% sure
that the unix id in LDAP is the same as in NIS (it should be, and the
NIS one should be change if it differs).
/nisse