On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 09:42:25PM -0400, Tong wrote :
> Hi,
>
> I guess most of people is like me, seeing these messages over and over but
> never pay attention:
>
> MMX2 supported but disabled
> SSE supported but disabled
> SSE2 supported but disabled
> 3DNow supported but disabled
> 3DNowExt supported but disabled
>
> This is what my mplayer outputs when it start decoding. I'm wondering how
> to enable them so my decoding would be faster (I'm decoding from file to
> file)
>
> I searched the google, and seems no discussion on this either. Moreover,
> they seems to be compile time options. I.e., they are disabled at compile
> time, is that so?
>
> Beside, which one (or ones) should I enable for my AMD Athlon, if I could?
>
> Please comment. Thanks
>
> tong

Apparently youre using the Marrillat packages, right? I noticed the same
thing and then I ask him why SSE was disabled, he answered me that it
possibly increase the number of crashes of mplayer at the moment and
that it would probably not give an speed increase when playing or
encoding.

You can it a whirl if you want by downloading the sources packages and
modifying the building scripts. I tried to do so but the packaging of
mplayer done by Marrillat is extremaly complex as it check what's
installed on your computer to determines how to build the packages...

Personally I am fine with it and I trust his decisions. At least it
works like that and does it well.

--
Brice Méalier
[EMAIL PROTECTED]