Hi,

ns:~# dpkg -l '*dhcp*'

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                      Version                   Description
+++-=========================-=========================-==================================================================
un  dhcp-client               <none>                    (no description
available)
rc  dhcp3-client              3.0.1-2                   DHCP Client
ii  dhcp3-common              3.0.1-2                   Common files
used by all the dhcp3* packages
ii  dhcpcd                    1.3.22pl4-21sarge1        DHCP client for
automatically configuring IPv4 networking.
un  dhcpcd-sv                 <none>                    (no description
available)
ns:~#

What does rc mean in the line of dhcp3-client?

I have installed dhcpcd. Before that was dhcp3-client installed, but
know I can't find the binarys and apt-cache remove dhcp3-client says
that the package is not instaled. Is there somewhere a explanation for
that query table. I haven't found anything in man...

thanks...

Achim