Steve Block wrote:

> Part of the problem with this whole thing is that Thunderbird is a truly
> awful mail client. Yes it generally works and yes it is cross platform
> but it is very poorly put together.
>
> So yes, Thunderbird does not include a "reply to list" function, and yes
> that's just another problem with a problematic mail client.

After reading most of responses in this thread and being a Thunderbird
user I thought about the idea of implementing an extension which makes
use of the List-Post or other related headers for the "Reply to List"
functionality.

I went up to lxr.mozilla.org to study the code for similar actions and
also did a search on mozillazine.org forums. And I found the following:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=192713&action=diff

The patch was added to b.m.o on 14 Aug, and is sitting there for review.
Lets hope the the mozilla drivers are quick enough to do a r and sr so
as to get the functionality into Thunderbird/Mailnews from the 5yr old
bug entry!!

/KS