I will soon be moving into a house in the rural country. Nice place
except no ADSL or cable Internet services. Until I can get a wireless link
going, I will be forced to use dial-up Internet access. Residents in the
area report speeds of 26,000 bps are the norm.

I will be using a 3COM/US Robotics external Courier modem (model #
3CP3453) connected to a serial port to hopefully get a reliable link.

Can anyone share some tips, tricks, or favorite applications to increase
the useability of a dial-up Internet connection?

My Internet needs are very simple: email, web cerfing, and keeping my Debian
stable system up to date.

--
Darrell Bellerive
Amateur Radio Stations VA7TO and VE7CLA