If I boot the system using kernel 2.6, after the message about starting gdm
(GNOME Display Manager), a messy image appears, similar to my desktop
background: except for the mouse, everything is blocked. To go on I have to
reset: mysteriously, after the reboot I can use kernel 2.6 (sometimes I have to
repeat this procedure many times).
Kernel 2.4, instead, works fine. Furthermore, it seems that, if I exit (halt or
reboot) from a 2.4 session, kernel 2.6 works at the first attempt.

I installed the kernel-image-2.6.8-2-k7 package after the installation of
Debian 3.1 "sarge" with kernel-image-2.4.27-2-386.

I use an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ CPU and an ATI Radeon 7000 graphic card on an ASUS
A7V880 motherboard (VIA KT880/VT8237 chipset).

Could anybody help me?

Alessandro Di Rubbo

Graffiti.net free e-mail @ www.graffiti.net
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as a 1 GB mailbox for just
US$9.95 per year!