On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 09:50:28PM +0000, Sam Rosenfeld wrote:

> Precisely what information do I need to get a working mutt for
> Debian 3.1?  Once I get it working I think I can tailor it for my
> needs.

You need a properly configured Mail Transport Agent and (probably)
Mail Delivery Agent. Configuration will depend on which MTA and MDA
you're using.  After that, you may or may not need to tweak a couple
of settings in your ~/.muttrc file.

There was relevant discussion a while ago in this thread on the Mutt
Users' list:

<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.mutt.user/22506>

This site was mentioned, but I've only glanced at it myself:

<http://www.mutt.blackfish.org.uk/>

--
PJR :-)