On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 20:56, Travis Crump wrote:
> Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> > The subject about says it - was doing an apt-get -s update of Sarge and
> > got indications of a large number of parts of Gnome 2.2 entering Sarge.
> > If you track Testing, use Gnome, and haven't moved to 2.2 yet, be ready
> > to migrate with your next apt-get upgrade.
>
> There you go getting my hopes up.  I just did an apt-get update and
> Gnome 2.2 is not in Sarge.  The only Gnome 2.2 app that has migrated,
> for my system, appears to be gnome-games which forces most of the Gnome
> 2.2 backend to be installed, but the backend appears to coexist with
> Gnome 1.4.  The majority of the meat and guts of Gnome is still at 1.4:
> gnome-panel, gnome-applets, nautilus, gnome-control-center,
> gnome-session, pretty much everything gnome-core depends on.  Hopefully
> soon though...

My bad - I got a pile of libraries updating to 2.2, as well as some
fussing around some applications that I'd installed from unstable when I
first moved to Gnome 2.2, but when it comes to the core stuff, I've been
updating them against Sid, so I presumed they were moving with these
libraries.

That said, if some libraries are moving, hopefully it is soon that the
rest follows.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]