Are the hosts.{allow,deny} files relevant to Apache2?  If so, what
service name should I use?

More generally, how do I find the answer to this question for an
arbitrary program or service.

READ.Debian for Apache2 doesn't mention tcpwrappers, and the Debian
reference doesn't list these files as relevant to Apache.  So I'm
suspecting they are not, but I'm not sure.

Also, the hosts_allow man page seems to indicate the appropriate name
would be apache2, but I kind of thought these entries were names of
services (as in /etc/services) and that Apache liked to call their web
server httpd.  So I wonder if it should be one of those, if it should
be anything.

Thanks.

Ross Boylan