On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 01:47:11PM +0200, John Oxley wrote:
> I am new to Debian, just coming from FreeBSD.  I pulled my vim configs
> over from FreeBSD, and had to play a bit to get BackSpace working in an
> xterm.

You mean you had to break things to make them work the way you wanted them
to, right?  I don't think fBSD has come to the great "backspace has been
fscked up all these years" realization yet.

A backspace in an xterm should "just work".  What vim does or does not do
with it should also "just work", dependent on what you're telling it to do
in your ~/.vimrc.  By default it works just fine.

> Now I have a problem.  In a lot of files, I am using:
> # vim: set syntax=exim:

Two things.  One, Debian's vim doesn't enable modelines by default... does
your preferred configuration?  And did you bring a syntax file for exim
along?  I don't remember whether vim distributes one.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Yow!  Am I in Milwaukee?
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] |