On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:36:05 -0500
John Hasler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Cybe R. Wizard writes:
> > It has been my experience that 'average' (and, of course, below)
> > contains a large supply of doofuses, too, so there /must/ be a
> > substantial percentage of doofuses if the number is (as it seems to
> > be) above 50% of the population.
>
> I do not equate "of below average intelligence" with "doofus".

Hmmm,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ dict doofus

2 definitions found

>From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48
[gcide]:

  doofus \doo"fus\, n.
     a person who is stupid or inept; -- used contemptuously.
     [Also spelled {dufus}.] [Slang]

     Syn: dingdong, ding-a-ling. [PJC]

>From WordNet (r) 2.0 (August 2003) [wn]:

  doofus
      n : a stupid incompetent person [syn: {dimwit}, {nitwit},
          {half-wit}]

Maybe we don't speak the same language.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get
done.