Quoting kamaraju kusumanchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi
>    We all know how important it is to read man pages. I
> would like to collect info on different ways to read the
> man pages. My
> favorites are as follows
>
> 1) man pagename
> 2) In konqueror, man:pagename
> 3) In vim, Man pagename
>
> What about others?

My favorite, especially when it comes to using a program for
the *first* time, is something like:

google apt-ftparchive example configuration

More often than not the first few pages of a google search
will provide you with better documentation than most man
pages. Sadly many man pages lack real world examples that
would help clarify otherwise abstruse or overly abstract
explanations.