On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 12:24, Shri Shrikumar wrote:
> I use courier for pop3/imap and it likes to log each and every login and
> logout which is fine by me but all of it goes into syslog as well as
> mail.info and fills up my logcheck email with a lot of noise.
>
> I would like this stuff to go just into my mail.info and just mail.warn
> and above going into syslog.
>
> My current /etc/syslog.conf is the bog standard one and I did try
> modifying the /var/log/syslog line which originally was
>
> *.*;auth,authpriv.none               -/var/log/syslog

> *.*;auth,authpriv.none,!mail.info               -/var/log/syslog

I changed it to

*.*;auth,authpriv.none,mail.!info               -/var/log/syslog

and now it seems to work as desired.

Shri
Shri Shrikumar       U R Byte Solutions           Tel:   0845 644 4745
I.T. Consultant      Edinburgh, Scotland          Mob:   0773 980 3499
                     Web: www.urbyte.com          Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]