John Hasler wrote:

Bruno Buys writes:
I moved recently, and there´s no easy/cheap broadband in the new
address. So, what do I need to run a dialup modem on my debian sarge?

Hook up your modem, run pppconfig, and follow instructions.
To the point. I like that. Thanks John.

Guess the best model I can find would be a hard pci us-robotics or
similar...

No.  The best you could do is buy an old USR external modem on eBay.
I´d rather not buy on internet. Besides, I need to connect today. Shippings to brasil take tooooo long... An usr hard pci modem would be the best modem I can buy on ordinary street vendors asround here.

(there are winmodems available, but I´m avoiding these). Are they debian
friendly?

Some winmodems can be used with Linux but they are not at all friendly.
I was referring to the usr.