On Tue November 8 2005 12:16 pm, Romulo Sousa wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm configuring a guest ftp server. The user is authenticated
> normally. When the user try to view the context of the directory,
> nothing show them up after an upload of a file. But when I list this
> directory via ssh, I notice the file is there (though I can't see it
> neither via ftp client nor via browser).
> The unique howto that I've see about this told me the following:
>
> "NOTE WELL: if you cannot see the directory contents after you login
> as the guest user, the 'ls' program that you installed is not working.
> If you use an 'ls' linked for dynamic libraries, and you do not have
> the required libraries and/or devices installed properly in the guest
> tree, 'ls' will not work and you will not see the contents of the
> guest directory."
>
> source: http://www.wu-ftpd.org/HOWTO/guest.HOWTO
>
> Sorry, but it didn't help to figure out this problem. Doesn't my 'ls'
> work? If so, how should I reinstall it?
>
> I would be glad if somebody could help me w/ any documentation or even
> w/ tips about what I might be doing for the context of my directory
> simply is refusing to show me up.

I use wu-ftpd here also, and haven't had any problems. It could be that the
user doesn't have permission to view the incoming directory? I have never
used it as yet, my server is an anonymous server so various folks can grab
files and I've not had problems with that.

No one has ever uploaded anything here, so I have never gotten any reports of
problems, but then no one has ever tried. :)

Is it files in your incoming directory that your having problems with?