On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 10:10:42AM -0500, Ed Curtis wrote:
> Carl Fink wrote:

> >Check the logs -- is the slowness in server response itself, or in the
> >network?  For instance, if there's a firewall/router upstream of the
> >server,
> >that could have slowed down or been overloaded.
> >
> The logs show no errors other than a canonical name error. That's been
> going on for years. I did fix that. I don't believe it's a network
> problem either. Everything in place now has been in place for months
> before this started.

I was unclear.  The logs should show you how long it takes the server,
internally, to respond to requests.  if that time is long, the problem is in
the server.  If the server itself is responding quickly, the problem is
upstream.
--
Carl Fink                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.