Hi Wodzu,

This is actually quite simple. The context of your
errormessage is that it can not mount your root file
system.
Please do read:
/usr/share/.../kernel-package/Howto-2.6??....gz
In general I don't know the exact location of the
files/doc's anymore. But do a search with: find /
-name '*kernel*'-print |grep package

And check:
http://kerneltrap.org/node/799
http://myrddin.org/howto/debian-kernel-recompile.php