Csanyi Pal wrote:
Hi Leo!

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 05:35:14PM +0100, Leonardo Uzcudun wrote:

Very nice but i810 doesn�t work, so only chance is
vesa (but at 640x480�.very nice).

Another solution?

Leo
i had some issues with 845g based graphics chipset on my notebook. don't know whether it is your case, but if it is so, then:

1) check the video allocation for your card in BIOS. i had 1mb there and it didn't allow me to use any reasonable modes. for me it was also impossible to select more than 8mb of memory (which worked fine for [EMAIL PROTECTED], though)
2) dmesg reported ~8mb of stolen memory, but it seems to be fine
3) to get dri working i installed a patch that allocates more memory for the graphics. also, i had to tell the xserver to use more memory (16megs were needed). unfortunately i don't remember where i got the patch (it was a standalone program). maybe, it isn't needed and you can just assign higher value to VideoRam without it? i really don't know.

so to summarize, the following works with my xorg setup
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "i845G"
        Driver          "i810"
        BusID           "PCI:0:2:0"
        VideoRam        16384
EndSection
with dri - hw acceleration etc... i think i also tried i830 and i845 modules, but i think the result was the same...

regards,

--
Lubos
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"