http://www.debian.org/Bugs/

> 2) is it possible to tell aptitude not to install only packages affected
> by the bugs, but continue to install the other?

If thereare one or more packages I don't want to install, I press 'N'.  Then
I start aptitude with no parameters, select the package, and (1) "forbid"
installation of that version by pressing 'F'; or (2) "hold" the package by
pressing '='.  Repeat as desired.

> if i do Y on the prompt, it seems to install everything. if i do N, then
> the whole procedure stops...

At that prompt, I think it's all or nothing.