I have noticed a thread on this list around a week ago that dealt with
the ethernet lockup with the Linux hme driver.
There was a posting by Joshua Uziel that pointed to a patch to this
driver. I'm new to Debian so my question may seem strange to some here,
but I cannot see how to use this patch since the 2.4.18 kernel that
comes with my 3.0_r1 installation seems to be monolithic, and vanilla
kernel source does not build on my system.

How does one go about this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
David List