On 12/7/05, will trillich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> how does a newbie learn where best to point environment
> variable $JAVA_HOME to? and what packages are likely
> candidates to install (debian sarge) in order to have
> the ingredients needed to point JAVA_HOME to?
>
> any pointers hungrily welcomed.

Installing Sun JRE on Debian:
http://student.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~amayer/files/How-to-install-Java-on-Debian.html

JAVA_HOME should be set to wherever the java package is installed.  If
you follow the instructions in the above link, it'll be
JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/j2re1.5-sun".

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in