On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 08:16:13PM -0500, Chinook wrote:
> Chinook wrote:
> >Now that I've got Etch installed, I'm seeing a "Not Authenticated"
> >warning for many packages.
> >
> >Is this normal or is it something I don't have that is causing such?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Lee C

Current apt is slightly broken :) The transition to the 2006 key
wasn't smooth: it also apparently needs the 2005 key to still be
in place :)

Follow the same procedure as for the 2005 key (which may, in fact,
already be on your system in /usr/share/apt/debian-keyring.gpg -
or some such name).

Once you have both keys in place, it should automagically all work
again.

> I suppose I could change my source to the ftp-master,  but then I have
> to figure out how to change the source and why if my source works
> perfectly well otherwise?

If you just use the wget command as given: you only pull one small
file from its canonical place on ftp-master.debian.org.
DON'T change your entire /etc/apt/sources.list just for this.

HTH,

Andy