On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 23:58:14 +0000
John Halton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Keith Bates wrote:
> > Yesterday, I did an upgrade on my Debian testing system. For some
> > reason, when some KDE packages are upgraded Open Office breaks. In
> > the past I've just re-installed my OO deb files and all is well
> > with the world again.
>
> If you're running Debian testing, then you could try just installing
> the version of OOo 2.0 from the testing repository using aptitude or
> synaptic, rather than using alien-ed RPMs.
>
> John

Ahhh... why didn't I think of that? It's just a hangover from the days
when OO 2.0 was new and it took quite some time for it to make it to
testing.

Someone on the OO users list pointed me to
ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/680/OOB680_m1/Build-1

which has packages including debs for 002.0.2

Thanks to all who helped on either list.

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates
4 Mooloobar St