using sync worked fine.
Thanks!
/N

Frank Gevaerts wrote:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 04:43:10PM +0100, nicals wahlgren wrote:

Is there a way to slow an usb connection to usb1 speed?

I can think of two ways :
* rmmod ehci_hcd (remove the usb2 host controller driver, that should
  force 1.1 for everything)
* put an usb1 hub between the two.

However, I am not convinced that this is the problem.
Try running the sync command as root a few times before removing. If
that helps, the problem is that you either need to unmount the device
before unplugging, or mount it with -o sync.

Frank

In debian when I am transferring files to mp3 player or sd memory card
through card reader it goes very quick but the files are mostly
unreadable. When using Win XP it goes much slower but the files are
working fine.

Please help
/N