On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Sion Dafydd wrote:

> I've come into posesion of a spare 40 GB drive which I want to use to
> hold the boot, swap and root partitions, while the two 250GB disks
> mirror one large partition. Well, for some reason using this
> configuration /dev/md0 does not get initilaized on boot. When I try to
> mount it manually I get a "mount: /dev/md0: can't read superblock"
> error. If I run "/etc/init.d/mdadm-raid start" from the command line the
> raid array gets initilaized and everything is fine. Anybody know of a
> reason/fix for this?

your raid drivers is not being insmod'd before it starts booting

if /dev/md0 is needed for booting ( / is in /dev/md0 ) than you'd
need to change your initrd.gz to insmod/modprobe the raid drivers

or you can put the modprobe commands in /etc/init.d/rc  or any where
before the systems starts reading /etc/fstab looking for /

c ya
alvin