Alex Nordstrom wrote:
Sunday, 19 February 2006 11:16, Nate Bargmann wrote:
* Hugo Vanwoerkom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006 Feb 18 16:21 -0600]:
steef wrote:
want to install the latest xmms,
Just curious, why?
Despite the slight version difference, the changelog does show quite
a few fixes and improvements.  Not bad for a package no longer
officially in development anymore.

While I join you in commending the maintainers for persisting longer than upstream, the only change I see that is not purely cosmetic in essence is the fix to #340019 (correcting the protocol for streaming over HTTP).

Even more puzzling than why one would consider the risk of compromising a supposed production system for one minor update to the same CVS snapshot is *why* one would even run a program for entertainment on a production system in the first place. That's what I am curious about.

*why*? i like listening to *my* music when writing my pieces and translating *GM-WATCH* into my native tongue and german. *my* jazz is like a good motor_oil to me.
reg.,

steef