L.V.Gandhi wrote:

On 2/18/06, Kent West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Do you get it if you log into a different windowing environment (Gnome,
fluxbox, edtc)?

Do you get it if you log in as a different user?

As I don't have other wm or other user I didn't try them.

The reason I asked is to isolate the problem. Is it something started by KDE (even though it's obviously triggered by your new kernel)? So even though you don't have a different windowing environment, or a different user, it's still a good test. Adding a new window manager or user is fairly trivial.

"aptitude install twm" or "aptitude install icewm" will get you a new wm.
"adduser testman" will get you a new user.

Also, try logging in without using kdm: "/etc/init.d/kdm stop" followed by "startx". You can create/edit "~/.xinitrc", placing a single line in it with the name of your preferred window manager (or other X client, such as "xterm") to take KDE out of the picture.

Do you get it if you start with your old kernel?

no. Also as I have said in reply to other post, I compiled kernel with
out dell laptop support in kernel, I don't get it.
Sorry; I misread the earlier post.

--
Kent