-- SYNeR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Tuesday, 10 June 2003, 05:33 PM +1000):
> probably a very easy question. But i don't know the answer. Anyways..
> I installed Debian 3.0r1 base system on my box. Then from there, i
> built it up as i liked (started by upgrading to 2.4.20, then Xfree86
> 4.2.0)... I'm currently running Enlightenment.. Enlightenment menus
> and windows are themed, although when I run an application like xchat
> which i presume runs on GTK, I just get the window border themed, with
> the contents of the window (buttons, background,text, etc..) all just
> an ugly, bulky grey.

Actually, xchat *isn't* GTK -- it uses standard X libs, which are
typically not all that appealing to look at. No way to theme them,
really, without doing a lot of stuff in config files.

> How abouts do i go using GTK themes so GTK apps look fine in
> Enlightenment?  Is it possible without having to install and apply
> themes in GNOME?

Apply a theme. There's a pachage called 'gtk-theme-switch' with a
program called 'switch' that will allow you to apply GTK1 themes; you
can also grab a more recent source tarball from www.muhri.net that will
allow you to switch GTK2 themes.

As for how you make them 'look fine', simply browse on
themes.freshmeat.net and try and find one to your tastes. You may also
need to install some additional theme engines (most should be available
via apt-get).

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
[EMAIL PROTECTED]